Thursday 10 April 2014

Reggie Rockstone: I have humbled myself to join VIP, now VVIP

When Reggie Rockstone announced a couple of
months ago that he was joining VIP, many were
those who thought it was a joke because they
could not believe that the Grandpapa of Hiplife
would do a thing like that.
Showbiz can confirm today that indeed, Reggie is
a member of VIP. Last Monday he told Showbiz
that the trio will now be known as VVIP.
“It all began when I posted on Twitter that I was
joining VIP. That simple message drew a lot of
attention but the truth is that I have always
wanted to be a member of VIP.
When Promzy left I told myself that VIP has to
continue in order not to slow down the vision. I
said to myself, I’m not bad looking and I can still
rap so why not join my younger brothers to keep
the vision in progress?”
Most importantly, Reggie added, “It is God’s work;
it has nothing to do with Promzy’s leaving. It
happened after many discussions but the truth is,
it was all by divine intervention.”
As to people’s perception that he is too old or too
big to come to the level of VIP, Reggie said that
was neither here nor there because people still
rap and sing regardless of their age, mentioning
Jay Z as an example.
“No matter how old I am, I can still be a member
of VIP, the merger is historical. Regardless of my
age, I have humbled myself to join my younger
brothers, it has not happened before and that is
why I call it historical.”
Asked if he was going to be the leader of VVIP,
Reggie said, “Originally, I think Lazzy (now called
Zeal) was the leader but the chemistry of working
together is so tight that there is no leader but my
age and experience in African terms makes it
easier for them to listen to me.
“There has always been mutual respect even
before I joined the group and I must admit that
they are both respectful.”
Reggie revealed that their first single, Selfie will
be released tomorrow Friday which happens to be
his birthday. “Today is Efya’s birthday and
tomorrow is my birthday so there is going to be a
big party at Rockstone’s Office, Django Bar to
celebrate our birthdays.
According to Reggie, the party is open to all, “You
just pay to get in and be part of the party,
proceeds will go to charity, and it will be so much
fun no one would want to miss it, please dress
well.”
Throwing more light on Selfie, Reggie said it is a
very danceable song and everyone will love it.
“Another single will follow soon but I will keep the
title of that one a secret for now,” he said.
“It was produced by DJ Breezy who comes from
D-Black’s camp. “We are on a mature level now,
call it senior citizens,” he said with a smile.
Incidentally all three VVIP have had baby girls
within the last one year. Lazzy’s (now Zeal) is Jara;
Prodigal’s is Nana; and Reggie’s is Rehji.

Source: Graphic Showbiz

No comments:

Post a Comment