Friday 25 April 2014

I have never thought of quitting school - Maame Serwaa

Despite the good money the child actor is making
in movies, Clara Amoateng Benson, aka Maame
Serwaa, says she will never allow acting to
interfere with her schooling.
“I have heard people say I will not have time for
school because I am making money. Money is
good but it cannot be as good as my education.
Even though I can earn up to Ghc 2,500 a movie,
I have never thought of quitting school", the 15
year-old said.
“I have told movie producers who ask for my
services that when I am in school, I won’t have
time for them and they respect my decision”
Maame Serwaa told Showbiz in an interview last
Monday.
Explaining why she would choose school over
acting, Maame Serwaa said acting is seasonal and
that producers can decide not to use you
anymore but if she takes her schooling seriously,
she will be in a good position to land a job any
time.
Responding to a question whether she could
speak English as well as she speaks Twi in her
movies, Maame Serwaa said she was fluent in
English and that she was one of the brilliant girls
in her class.
“I wish I could try one of the English language
movies to prove to everyone how good I am.
So far, she has featured in ‘Me Ba’, ‘School Girl’,
‘Sekiha’, ‘Tumi’, ‘Ntaafo) Tumi’ and ‘Otan Ne
Bayie’.
Maame Serwaa told Showbiz that she is often
saddened when she hears people say that
because of the roles she plays, she involves
herself in “mpaninsem” and therefore she is
disrespectful.
According to her, she hears such comments often
and though she has been able to convince some
people she is not disrespectful, many are those
who believe she is.
“I don’t know why anyone should say I am
disrespectful. Ever since I started acting at age 6,
never have I insulted or spoken to anyone
rudely”.
Asked what she intended to do with the money
she earned, Maame Serwaa said her mother and
her manager would invest for her.

Source: Graphic Showbiz

No comments:

Post a Comment